Flood Insurance

Flood InsuranceRising Waters Require Special Coverage

National Flood Insurance Program
A flood can be one of the worst disasters that can devastate your neighborhood. It's such a big deal that the Federal Government runs a National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). That's why Home and Property Insurance typically doesn't cover flooding. The government draws a Flood Hazard Boundary Map that divides the country into flood zone risk areas, and their Flood Insurance Rate Map sets the coverage and premiums for those areas. You can enter your address at www.floodsmart.gov to find out your risk.

Why You Need Flood Insurance


When buying your home policy, I  can tell you if your community is a participant in the National Flood Insurance Program, and if so, help you obtain flood insurance.

Protection Against Non-Flood-Related Water Damage 
If you are worried that your finished basement will be under a foot of ground water if your sump pump fails, you’ll need to consider additional water backup insurance – neither the NFIP nor your base homeowners policy will typically cover water that backs up through sewers or drains or overflows from a sump pump.

However, if your home has water damage due to a broken pipe, most basic homeowners policies will pay to repair the damage (but will not pay for the repair of the pipe). To be sure you have the right coverage, discuss all of your specific concerns about water damage with me – not just “flooding.”




Follow us!
Call us (909)989-0733

CA License Number 0H08016 & 0H18144
Office Location Van Noy Insurance Services
7168 Archibald #280
Alta Loma, CA 91701
(909)989-0733 Phone
(909)989-8420 Fax
Map it!